counter

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Japan Part II

Well....Well we thought we would switch things up a bit and let the man do some narrating for you all. So since our last post we were actually lucky enough to locate a sumo wrestling match as you see from the pictures. There are only like 3-4 matches throughout the year, but this was a demonstration at the Yakasuni Shrine about 10mins by train from Tokyo. It is not what many of us westerners think or at least us which is two big guys colliding to push one outside the ring. There are many rituals and traditions that are done before and during each sumo match. The beating sumo wrestling puts on the body is pretty tough. Our day started out at about 8am and we headed back to our normal stomping grounds about 1pm.

We then explored more of the Shinjuku area which was where the hotel was located. From our prior shopping days of small things here and there we had to get another suit case in order to be able to walk with our backpacks. After successfully bargaining for a suit case we then went to the internet cafe to look up a place to stay in Hakone (Mt. Fuji) area. The internet cafe was awesome but expensive. It gives you your own little office/cubicle that has a leather recliner, a TV, computer, slippers and game systems. The place itself then has thousands of movies, books, games to choose from for your time. It was $4 per hour when we are used to $1hr in Australia and free from the hotel.

We finally found a hotel to stay at in the Hakone area which is where we are currently at. Our balcony overlooks Mt. Fuji itself. For those that do not know it is very cloudy in this area and seeing Mt. Fuji takes a bit of luck. We can only see the bottom portion, however, we are told the weather should be clear tomorrow early on to catch a look before the clouds arrive (cross your fingers). Other than that the room is huge, and it is a great change from Tokyo area as this is more of a tranquil place to simply relax, unwind, and make some love!! (motor boat)!! Anyways the weather is pretty cold here but they provide jackets and all. The onsen I heard from my wife was great. There are lotions and all in there to unwind. It is among nature and they are public and segregated by sex so men with men, and women with women. I however, was told due to my tattoos I can not go in or I can try to cover them. Since I have my new leg tattoo, chest, and both arms I would be a big ball of tape so I have not gone..........YET! The wife advised it was empty and no one was there to regulate so I am about to go get ready to take a quick dip myself. I will get back to you all with the update on that.

For the most part Japan is awesome and for anyone considering a vacation I would highly, HIGHLY recommend the Tokyo, Shinjuku area for a visit. It was close to other great locations and great people. At first I was hesitant about coming but after being here I will certainly return! One more day here and off to Osaka for a little bit, until then....... Keep checking back!

2 comments:

  1. Finally ... I am able to read your blog. I love that you decided to write this blog ls. It is so neat to live vicariously (spelling?) through you. Awesome awesome pics !!!! Keep updating us and posting those pics when u get the chance. We all miss u very much. Keep having the time of your life !!!!!!!!!!!! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LS !!!!!!!!!!! I finally got to read your blog. YAY!! I am so happy you decided to do this. I love reading about your adventures and looking at your pics. Japan looks amazing! Must add it to my bucket list :) Keep having the time of your life !!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss and love u tons :)

    ReplyDelete